Booking Conditions and our Terms and Conditions
Your contract with REAL Socialising.
1. YOUR PAYMENTS – MEMBERSHIP – Annual Membership is FREE when you subscribe to our e:newsletter. However, if you require these posted to your address, then we will make a £12 p.a charge to cover postage and printing.
SHORT BREAKS – When booking a short break, you must complete the online booking form and pay the required deposit specified for each short break, per person. Within 2 weeks of booking you will receive a confirmation email which will show the balance of the holiday cost which you must pay to us not less than 6 weeks before departure.
If you have made your holiday booking within 6 weeks then the total cost is immediately payable. No further reminder is sent to you, and if the balance remains unpaid by this time, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and to make a cancellation charge at the rates shown below.
DAY TRIPS – Where possible, we can allow a deposit to be made to secure your place. Full payment is required within 6 weeks of the event.
TICKET ONLY – PAYMENTS FOR TICKET ONLY EVENT WILL BE SPECIFIED WITH EACH EVENT AND WILL FOLLOW THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE TICKET AGENT, THEATRE OR VENUE GROUPS MAY WISH TO SET UP A PAYMENT SYSTEM THROUGH THEIR GROUP LEADER OR SOCIAL ORGANISER. PLEASE CONTACT REAL SOCIALISING TO ARRANGE THE MOST SUITABLE METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR YOUR GROUP (BACS, CHEQUE, PAYPAL OR OTHER)
2. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING – If, after making your booking and receiving our confirmation of same, you wish to change or alter to another of our short breaks or alter tour booking in any way (e.g. by changing departure date, excursion or name change) we will do our utmost to make the changes, provided written notification is received at our office from the person who made the booking at least 6 weeks prior to the departure date. Changes for any circumstances will incur a payment of £10.00 per person to cover administration fees and payments made for your protection under the Financial Failure Indemnity Scheme which REAL Socialising belong to.
3. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING- If you, or any member of your party wishes to cancel your booking, you must notify us by email or in writing, in any case, the date of cancellation will be the date on which notice is received at the registered office or email account of REAL Socialising.
As this incurs administrative costs and we may not be able to resell your booking, cancellation charges may be applied on the following scale (*and include a nominal charge for administration purposes): Period before departure within which written instructions are received by REAL Socialising.
Amount of cancellation charge shown as a % of total price.
More than 30 days – Deposit Only*
22 to 29 days – 50% of total cost
14 to 21 days – 75% of total cost
14 days or under – 100% of total cost
*Cancellation after your initial deposit has been paid will incur a £10 per person fee to cover administration and payments made for your protection under the Financial Failure Indemnity Scheme which REAL Socialising belong to.
NOTE: If you require a letter of cancellation for an insurance claim in respect of cancellation, please request as quickly as possible and in any event within 14 days of the date of notification to REAL Socialising.
4. COMPLAINTS – If you have a complaint during your holiday please immediately inform our local representative or courier who will do their best to rectify the problem. If the matter cannot be put right on the spot you must record the details of your complaint in writing with our local representative. We cannot consider any claims if this procedure is not adhered to.
5. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE – We would advise you that coach journeys are operated by vehicles hired by REAL Socialising and the specification on these vehicles may therefore be different to that detailed in the advertised event. Cross Channel Transport (Eurotunnel and Ferry) may sometimes be subject to change from that originally advertised due to reasons beyond our control such as strike, weather or essential maintenance.
6. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS – You are solely responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents, e.g. passports, visas, vaccination certificates etc. are valid and effective. We would be pleased if you would note that some non-EEC passport holders must now obtain a special visa for entry into France.
7. OTHER ITEMS –
(a) You must not bring pet or other animal on our excursions.
(b) Personal music players such as MP3 players are allowed, but please respect fellow passengers by keeping volume to a minimum.
(c) All our coaches used are NON SMOKING – This includes E-Cigarettes.
(d) You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point at the correct time, and we cannot be held liable for any loss or expense suffered by clients because of the late arrival at any departure point. As a precaution, we would strongly advise clients to arrive at their departure point at least 15 minutes prior to departure of their tour.
8. RIGHTS OF REFUSAL – We must point out that REAL Socialising reserve the unconditional right to refuse a booking or terminate a passenger’s holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct.
OUR OBLIGATION TO YOU
1. CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING – We will confirm your place by email within 14 days of your booking and the contract is made when you receive this email. Group bookings will be confirmed to your group organiser within 14 days. However, REAL Socialising reserves the right to delay confirmation until minimum numbers have been reached to ensure the day trip or short break will proceed. (See 4 below).
2. SURCHARGES – In these uncertain times, no organisation can be sure that surcharges may not be levied. With this in mind we will do our utmost to ensure that once you have paid the final balance due on your holiday there will not be any additional surcharge levied unless in extreme conditions.Due to currency fluctuations, prices on some European excursions may have to be amended due to economic influences. We will state on our advertising, when this condition will be in place.
3. IF WE HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR BOOKING – Your short breaks and day trips are usually planned many months in advance and although it is unlikely; it is possible that circumstances may force us to make changes to the advertised event. If for reasons beyond our control, it proves necessary to change your hotel accommodation for instance, we will undertake to provide alternative accommodation of similar or higher classification. Again, where some feature of your holiday such as a visit or excursion cannot be offered, we shall substitute an equivalent or improved arrangement wherever possible.
If a major change becomes necessary we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. A major change is one that we make to your holiday arrangements before departure which involves changing your day of departure, resort area, or offering accommodation with a lower classification. You must opt for one of the following:
(a) Accept the changed arrangements as notified by us.
(b) Purchase another short break or day trip from us at a discount of 5% or
(c) Cancel your holiday. If you choose we will refund all the money you have paid to us, but will have no further liability to you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Compensation payments do not apply to changes caused by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fire, technical problems, to transport, closure of airports, or ports and similar events completely beyond our control.
4. IF WE CANCEL YOUR BOOKING – In certain circumstances we may have to cancel your short break or day trip and if this should occur we will return to you all the money you have paid to us or offer a suitable alternative. Short breaks and day trips will only proceed on reaching the minimum number viable for this to proceed. If minimum numbers are not reached, a full refund of monies paid will be given.
5. OUR LIABILITY – REAL Socialising accepts liability for those arrangements for your short break or day trips which are wholly within our control and therefore, accepts liability to clients for the negligence of our agents, which includes our employees and voluntary staff. However, we would draw your attention to the following circumstances which fall outside our direct control or where for some other reason we are not prepared to accept liability.
(a) We make every effort to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for all short breaks and day trips as advertised and that the suppliers of the services which you will enjoy during your holiday are efficient and reputable. However, we do not have any direct control over the provision of such services to you by those suppliers, and do not accept liability for any loss (however caused) arising from the action or omissions of such suppliers of services or their employees or agents.
(b) Please remember that some hotel amenities (e.g. lifts, swimming pools) require servicing or cleaning and we cannot therefore, guarantee that they are always available. Other factors such as weather or lack of demand can affect the provision of entertainment or outdoor amenities described in our advertising. To our best endeavours and knowledge the event as advertised is correct at the time of going to press.
(c) The published running times of services are estimates only and we will not be liable for any loss (however caused) arising from delay or failure to operate services in accordance with published timings. GENERAL INFORMATION RESERVATIONS – Your reservation will be confirmed when you have completed the online booking form and submitted your deposit or full payment where applicable. The minimum number of passengers required to operate any tour is usually 30. If numbers are below this figure it is unlikely that a trip will proceed and we will inform you at least 14 days prior to departure. Full refunds will be given.
DEPOSITS – The required amount of deposits will vary depending on the activity. Where possible we will include a deposit amount on our website, with balance payable by date. Due to suppliers such as Theatres, Hotels and transport providers requiring deposits in advance of our activity, some deposits may be classed as ‘non-refundable’. All specific terms and conditions of each event or short breaks are detailed on our website (Full payment is required for all at time of booking for all day trips). Ticket only event payment will be specified on an individual basis and be subject to the venue provider’s requirements and conditions.
PAYMENTS – Payments can be made by online banking, paypal or debit or credit cards. Larger groups can enter special arrangements with us.
CHILDREN – REAL Socialising welcomes children unless we specify the tour is unsuitable for under a certain age. NO SMOKING COACHES – All our Coaches used are strictly NON SMOKING.
PASSPORTS & VISAS – You are solely responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are valid and effective. You will either need a full 10 year British passport or a 1 year British Visitors passport for all continental holidays. When traveling along you cannot use a joint passport.
PLEASE NOTE: Some EEC citizens are now required to take out a visa for entry into French territory. If you were born outside the United Kingdom please enquire at the appropriate Embassy.
HEALTH – Every person travelling abroad in the EU, should carry with them the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This proves entitlement to free medical treatment (subject to certain conditions) and is issued free from Main Post Offices. Please check for requirements on inoculations recommended for visiting certain countries.
INSURANCE – is advisable on all tours of whatever duration.
LUGGAGE – Adequate accommodation is provided in our coaches for passenger’s luggage, but obviously space is not unlimited and passengers are requested to restrict their luggage to one medium sized suitcase per person plus small hand luggage which may be taken in the coach. On all continental tours using a night crossing you must take a small overnight bag as your cases stay locked in the coach until arrival at your first hotel.
HOTELS – Unless otherwise stated, the hotel accommodation provided are of a minimum 2 Star Standard ie, a twin, double or single room (unless a 3 or 4 bedded room is booked) with private facilities. Under certain circumstances we may need to change hotels for those stated in the advertisement. If this becomes necessary you will be informed in good time, however we cannot accept claims for compensation as a result of this.
BEDROOMS – The position of any room cannot be guaranteed and in the main room allocations is the responsibility of the hotelier. However, special requests such as a lower floor or disabled rooms are passed on to the hotelier.
SINGLE ROOMS – Are usually subject to a supplementary charge (single supplements will be stated in advertisement). Friends travelling together are advised to share twin rooms. If you’re prepared to share you can avoid this charge and if there is someone else on your tour who is also prepared to share with you than we will arrange this. Please ask us at the time of booking if there are any others willing to share. Of course this is subject to availability.
MEALS – Board for each holiday or short break is specified in the advertisement. This could range from breakfast, half board or full board. If you have any special dietary needs, please notify us at the time of your booking.
ENTRANCE FEES – We specifically state where entrance fees and other charges are included in the tour price. In general, however, visiting attractions en-route is optional and you should allow for these additional expenses.
SERVICE CHARGES AND GRATUITY – Service charges are included in all tour prices but as you know, tipping is part of the tourist scene. If you have had a good service and are satisfied you may wish to show it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
How far in advance do I have to book? The earlier the better will ensure your place. Subject to availability, booking for day excursions can be as late as the day before.
When do bookings close?
Reservations and bookings for day trips and short breaks are usually closed 4 to 6 weeks before the event date.
If insufficient numbers have booked, we reserve the right to cancel the activity and refund any monies paid. Ticket only, and events which involve other partners such as theatres, hotels and transport providers may have as little as a 4 week window for sale of tickets/places. Therefore it is important that you book before the advertised ‘closed by’ date
Do I need to pay a deposit?
GROUPS – A non-refundable deposit is required on all of our day trips and short breaks. Final payment is required 6 weeks before departure unless otherwise stated.
INDIVIDUALS – When you book online you must pay in accordance with the individual requirements advertised on line. Deposits and instalments are welcome for short breaks and events of a higher cost. You must pay the full balance due 6 weeks before departure.
TICKET ONLY events will be subject to separate payment conditions as laid down by the venue or ticket agent supplying the tickets. This will be advertised on the website. Do I need a Passport? All persons travelling to Europe require a FULL British passport. If they are from countries outside of the EC, a Visa for travelling within the area covered by the tour/excursion may be required.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON TRAVELLING TO ENSURE THAT THEY HAVE THE NECESSARY PASSPORTS AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION FOR TRAVELLING WITHIN EUROPE.
On certain occasions, you may be asked to give your date of birth when booking, to comply with HM Custom’s requests.
PLEASE NOTE: No refunds can be made if any person arrives to travel and does not have the correct documentation. Due to time constraints, it is unlikely that the tour can wait for you to collect your necessary documentation.
Do I need travel insurance?
We would recommend a travel insurance policy is taken out for all forms of travel, however this is not compulsory. It is advisable when travelling within Europe, to have the minimum cover for health matters, by obtaining an EHIC card from the Post Office which is free of charge. Please allow time for receipt of card etc. NB: this is likely to change after Brexit when new regulations will be likely.
You may find it cost effective to take out an annual travel insurance policy and many banks now provide travel insurance as a benefit to your account.
NB: In the event of an emergency, Real Socialising is not liable to provide any form of payment for medical or other support you may need whilst away from home.
What are my allowances and what can I buy?
A full list of tobacco goods and alcohol products that you may buy, are available on the HM Customs/Revenue website.
We do restrict quantity of beer and wine, subject to the driver’s discretion with view to luggage carried aboard and space available, and the weight carrying ability of the vehicle.
You may not purchase explosives or weapons, which include fireworks, knives and flick combs or any article deemed as an offence weapon. Illegal substances cannot be bought or carried on any of REAL Socialising’s hired vehicles.
How do I pay for goods?
The currency in Europe is the Euro. Sterling can be changed in advance through your bank, at a bureau de change or at a good rate, in most Post Offices. Some hypermarkets in the Calais/Boulogne area and certain shops in Belgium, will accept sterling currency and give you your change in Euros. Visa is accepted at many outlets, but some will only take cash/debit card.
It is always advisable to carry at least £10 worth of euros so that you can purchase light refreshments.
Coaches: Most of our coaches hired for your pleasure will have air conditioning, reclining seats, toilet and refreshment facilities, and seat between 16 and 70 persons dependant on model. Occasionally, a different vehicle to that advertised, may be used due to operational or maintenance situations.
Is there a seat reservation policy?
Seats are usually taken on a first come first served basis, however, if you have mobility difficulties and require an aisle seat for instance, then provided a request is made at the time of booking, subject to availability, every effort will be made to seat you where requested.
Can I bring my wheelchair and is their access for a disabled person?
Most wheelchairs can be accommodated in the luggage hold, provided it can be folded down. Motorised wheelchairs – subject to height – can also be accommodated provided the owner can bring a loading ramp.
It is not the driver’s responsibility to lift heavy or awkward vehicles/objects into or onto the coach.
Most disabled persons can access the coach interior. There are at least 3-5 steps to the seating area, and the continental door entry can be steep for some. Please state when booking if you are disabled as we will try and seat you near the front as possible.
Some coaches do have a ‘drop’ step, but if you require a ‘box’ or step to gain access, please bring your own, as insurance does not cover the driver in the event of any injury caused to a person by the use of a step or box.
Also, please remember that the driver will assist wherever possible, but he is not a trained helper and so cannot be expected to lift people into the coach. Please advise of any special needs and requirements at the time of booking
How do I pay / book?
You may reserve and pay for your booking online via our secure web page. You may pay by online bank transfer, Paypal, credit or debit card.
If you are part of a large group, we can arrange for separate group payments through your group organiser or social committee representative.
Where do I/We join the coach?
We have a number of pick up points to suit most people. When you select a trip on our Day Trips/Events page, you can select a pick up point. Larger groups booking at one time may request a dedicated pick up point not listed on the website. Hythe, Red Lion Square Folkestone Bus Station Cheriton Post Office, Cheriton and Park Street, Ashford
Are animals allowed?
Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities to allow animals on our coaches.
Financial Security Provided By REAL Socialising: Article 7 of the European Community Package Travel Directive was published on 13th June 1990 with the aim of providing better consumer protection to holiday makers.
The provisions were embodied into UK law as the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations on 23rd December 1992 and became enforceable on 01 April 1993. Requirement 5 of Article 7 states that the organiser must show evidence of security for the protection of pre-payments and for the repatriation of consumers in the event of insolvency. REAL Socialising provides the required level of Travel Regulation Insolvency Protection (TRIP) and will include the following clause on it tours
Real Socialising is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with ”The Package Travel, Package Tours Regulations 1992” all passengers booking with REAL Socialising are fully insured for the initial deposit, and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of REAL Socialising. This insurance has been arranged by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC.
In the unlikely event of Insolvency, you must Inform Towergate Chapman Stevens immediately on +44 (0) 1932 334140 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .Please ensure you retain the booking confirmation form as evidence of cover and value.
Policy exclusions: This policy will not cover any monies paid for Travel Insurance or any claim relating to Air Flights. Please ensure the Company you have booked with has the appropriate CAA / ATOL Bonds in place.
For your additional protection, REAL Socialising has Group Travel Organisers Insurance in place with Hiscox Insurance under policy No. HU PI6 17160002